1. PAXers like to know the rules. If something comes with a manual or rule book, they will read it.
2. PAXers have impeccable manners! Say what you will about geeks and social skills; 90% of the people I talked to said “Please” and “Thank you” and “Excuse me.” None of them called me “ma’am,” though, because…
3. Gamers transcend gender. If you have to guess if someone is male or female, you’re probably guessing wrong. Just don’t worry about it; treat everyone as equals!
4. Comfy shoes are a MUST at PAX; you walk miles & stand in long lines. (Platform stiletto boots are really cool, but will transform you from hot goth chick to limping, groaning zombie girl in about an hour.)
5. Wear a real costume. A hat is not a costume. Neither is a medical face-mask (You just look like you have the flu.)
6. If it’s August, maybe save the big furry animal/monster costume until Halloween. Because: hot!
Search for #snowshoe.