No matter what the season, yellow has always been one of my favorite statement colors. From Cher’s iconic outfits in Clueless, to the classic happy face sticker, there’s something about yellow that catches the eye, and demands attention. Personally, much of my wardrobe consists of black & white go-to pieces, and I’ve found that bright yellow is a fantastic accent that adds cheerfulness and whimsy to many of my favorite outfits.
In early Spring, my favorite handbag line COACH launched their brightest bag of the season, the neon Taxi Tote, pictured above. (You can view more photos of this rad bag, in my previous article about why I’ve become such a huge COACH fan, here.)
Now, for summer, they’ve come out with another line of sunshiny cuteness! I just spotted the Swagger Wristlet (with convertible long strap, to make it a crossbody bag!) at our local COACH store at Boise Towne Square…
Seriously, how adorable is this?? Light and sweet, with just the right touch of metal accents. It’s the perfect little summer mini, if you’re looking for that Pop-of-color to add to your everyday wardrobe! In honor of the sweet Swagger’s bright cuteness, here are the Top 5 Reasons You Need a Yellow Bag.
1. Yellow is NOT Trending. And it possibly never will! You know what’s great about that? It will never go out of style. It’s a classic, bold color that will always stand out as a fashion piece!
2. Yellow is Iconic. French Fries. Bart Simpson. Smiley Faces. Lemonheads. The Submarine the Beatles all lived in… Enough said! Yellow makes a statement that people remember.
3. Yellow is good for you, like drinking lemon water! Hear me out… I would never claim that carrying a yellow bag provides detoxifying health benefits, because that would be irresponsible. But I would recommend trying one on, just to see how you feel. Lighter? Airier? Smilier? See!
4. Yellow is Cheerful. Look at the dotted bag below. Come on, isn’t it CUTE? When you scrolled down did you smile, and suddenly want to touch those little candy dots, hoping you could peel one off and pop it in your mouth? Then I’ve made my point. Next!
5. Because, Cher. Like seriously, as if you even needed the last four points! This is the only one that really matters.